Sunday 6 October 2013

Our Anniversary Quotes For Him For Husband For Boyfriend For Parents Form Wife To Husband For Wife For Girlfriend Tumblr For Mom And Dad

Our Anniversary Quotes Biography

Source(google.com.pk)

Ursula K. Le Guin on the art of fiction: “A genre is a form, in a sense, and that can lead you to ideas that you would not have just thought up if you were working in an undefined field.” And Emmanuel Carrère on the art of nonfiction: “Like everyone, I know some big words, but I try my damndest not to use them.”

New fiction from Benjamin Nugent, Ottessa Moshfegh, Andrew Martin, Christine Smallwood, and Bill Cotter, and a translation of Karl Kraus by Jonathan Franzen.

Poems by Rowan Ricardo Phillips, Jana Prikryl, Durs Grünbein, Maureen N. McLane, Craig Morgan Teicher, Luigia Sorrentino, Dan Chiasson, Charles Simic, and Frederick Seidel. A portfolio of Dutch scenes, curated by Lydia Davis.

About this issue’s contributors ›

Table of Contents
Fiction

Bill Cotter, Tammy
Andrew Martin, Cool for America
Ottessa Moshfegh, The Weirdos
Benjamin Nugent, God
Christine Smallwood, Reading Comprehension
Interview

Emmanuel Carrère, The Art of Nonfiction No. 5
Ursula K. Le Guin, The Art of Fiction No. 221
Poetry

Dan Chiasson, Bicentennial
Durs Grünbein, Peacocks on Broadway
Maureen N. McLane, As I Was Saying, the Sun
Rowan Ricardo Phillips, The Mind After Everything Has Happened
Jana Prikryl, “A Place as Good as Any”
Frederick Seidel, Two Poems
Charles Simic, Four Poems
Luigia Sorrentino, Two Poems
Craig Morgan Teicher, Why Poetry: A Partial Autobiography
Portfolio

Lydia Davis, Dutch Scenes
Nonfiction

Karl Kraus, Against Heine
The content of this page was created by users. It has not been screened or verified by IMDb staff.
Speed (1994)
Jack: It's a game. If he gets the money he wins, if the bus blows up he wins.
Annie: What if you win?
Jack: Then tomorrow we'll play another one.
Annie: But I'm not available to drive tomorrow. Busy.

Ortiz: Just keep it steady.
Annie: Oh, thank you for the tip, Ortiz.

Stephens: First time in LA.
Annie: Oh no, I live here.
Stephens: No, mine. Oh that's just funny, you heard me wrong. Nah, I'm sight-seeing.
Annie: Oh, really?
Stephens: Yeah. I hate to use the word 'tourist,' but it's not like I can hide it...
Annie: Not really.
Stephens: [sigh] Did you know it took me three hours to get here from the airport? I got so lost. LA's one big place, but I guess you don't notice, seeing as you live here. I'm such a yokel. There, I said it!
Annie: Oh jeez. You know what? I got gum on my seat, GUM!
[sits on a different bus seat nearer the front]

Jack: He's the asshole, Annie, the guy who puts us here. Remember that, ok?
Annie: Big asshole.

Ortiz: I'm telling ya, honey, he's somewhere jerking off.
Annie: He didn't have to get ON the bus in the first place, Ortiz. Hey, get your ass behind the yellow line!

Jack: Miss, can you handle this bus?
Annie: Oh sure. It's just like driving a really big Pinto.

Annie: So you're a cop, right?
Jack: That's right.
Annie: Well, I should probably tell you that I'm taking the bus because I had my driver's license revoked.
Jack: What for?
Annie: Speeding.

Annie: What is that smell?
Jack: It's gas.
Annie: We're leaking gas?
Jack: We are now.
Annie: What, you thought you needed another challenge or something?

[after surviving the bus explosion]
Annie: You're not going to get mushy on me, are you?
Jack: Maybe. I might.
Annie: I hope not, 'cause you know, relationships that start under intense circumstances, they never last.
Jack: Oh yeah?
Annie: Yeah, I've done extensive study on this.

[last lines]
Jack: I have to warn you, I've heard relationships based on intense experiences never work.
Annie: OK. We'll have to base it on sex then.
Jack: Whatever you say, ma'am.

Annie: Hey! Get your ass behind the yellow line.

Annie: There's gum on my seat... GUM!

Annie: You didn't leave me. I can't believe it... you didn't leave me.
Jack: Didn't have anywhere to be just then.

Annie: [Jack has just killed Payne on the train roof] Where is Payne?
Jack: He lost his head.

[the bus is caught in a gridlock]
Annie: Hey, Sam?
Sam: [whispers under his breath] Shit!
Annie: SAM!
Sam: What?
Annie: Why don't you just drive around these people?
Sam: Don't spit on my bus, Annie.

Annie: [Annie has just driven the bus into a woman's baby carriage]
Annie: Oh my God, oh my God.
Jack: It's cans. It's Ok, it's cans.
Annie: What?
Jack: They were just cans.

Jack: [answering phone] Harry! Tell me good news man.
Howard Payne: Oh, I'm sorry Jack. He didn't make it.
Jack: [realizes; slight pause] Fuck!
Howard Payne: It was the watch that lead him to me, wasn't it? It seemed a little hammy to me, to build a bomb out of my precious retirement gift. But you know, I figured a sign that said "Howard Payne" would be pushing it.
Jack: I'm gonna rip your fucking spine out, I swear to God.
Howard Payne: You're gonna do exactly as you're told! Jack, we both know he was the brains of your particular operation. You can't beat me, you're gonna pay me every dollar. Otherwise, you, the wildcat, and every innocent person on that bus, are gonna end up just like your friend. You paying attention? Jack, you listening to me? Jack? Jack!
Jack: Yeah...
Howard Payne: Good! Now you tell them that the drop point is Pershing Square. You drop the bags and leave. I don't show until all your people are gone. It's getting on to 11 AM, Jack, and I think it's gonna be a very pretty day.
[laughs nefariously]
Howard Payne: [hangs up; Jack flips out]
Annie: Jack stop it! We're really scared and we need you right now. I can't do this by myself! Jack, please?
Jack: [chuckles] We're gonna die.
Annie: No we're not. We got this far alright?
[Jack looks at Annie's jacket]
Jack: I'll be damned. You go to the University of Arizona?
Annie: Yeah, so?
Jack: Good football team.
Annie: Yeah? I guess so, I wouldn't know.
Jack: Arizona Wildcats.
Annie: Right...
Jack: He can see you.
Annie: What?
Jack: He can see you. Just keep looking straight ahead.
Jack: [Jack looks around; finds the camera] He called you a Wildcat before. I didn't even pick up on it. Bastard's got a camera right in your face. He can see the whole bus. He's been playing me from minute one.
Annie: Well, he can see me but can he hear me?
Jack: Doesn't look like it he's just watching you.

Annie: Annie.
Jack: What?
Annie: That's my name, Annie.
Jack: Annie.
Annie: As opposed to "ma'am"?

Speed 2: Cruise Control (1997)
Annie Porter: I've been in worse situations than this, and panic does not help, trust me!

Annie Porter: Jack, he was never the romantic type. For our anniversary he gives me pepper spray. PEPPER SPRAY. I think it's perfume. I end up in the emergency room.

Annie Porter: This night seems almost too perfect.
Alex Shaw: Want me to step on your feet?
Annie Porter: You already did.
Alex Shaw: Oh, I mean again?

Annie Porter: Who's ready to party on the big boat besides me?

Annie Porter: I'll swear, I'm never leaving the house again.

Annie Porter: Ok, lets go out on vacation. Where?
Alex Shaw: The Caribbean.
Annie Porter: Oh, The Caribbean, do you have a concussion?

Annie Porter: [after just using a chainsaw to cut through a locked door but not removing chainsaw from the hole] Can you lot get out?
Passenger: If you back off with the saw, we'll give it a try!
"The West Wing: The War at Home (#2.14)" (2001)
Josh Lyman: I'm thinking about firing you.
Donna Moss: You've fired me twice already tonight. I'm impervious.
Josh Lyman: Among other things.

Donna Moss: Josh, how is this not a no-brainer?
Josh Lyman: Columbia?
Donna Moss: Yeah.
Josh Lyman: You say get 'em home?
Donna Moss: Of course I say get 'em home. Who doesn't say get 'em home? That should be the person that has to make the phone call to the families.
Josh Lyman: And who has to call the families of the nine commandos who just died trying to save five guys it turns out we could have freed six hours ago?

Josh Lyman: Five-day waiting period. That's all. A person can't wait five days to buy a gun? Someone needs a gun right now, right this second, isn't that something that the public should be concerned about?
Donna Moss: On the other hand, taking the feelings of gun owners into account, if you gotta shoot somebody, it probably isn't something that can wait.
Josh Lyman: Yeah.

Josh Lyman: I'm on hold.
[paces]
Josh Lyman: I'm on hold.
[slams phone against desk]
Josh Lyman: I'm in some kind of hellish hold world of holding.
Donna Moss: Josh?
Josh Lyman: I'm on hold.
Donna Moss: They'll call us and tell us when the power's back on.
Josh Lyman: They did call us.
Donna Moss: What happened?
Josh Lyman: I'm on hold.

"The West Wing: The Leadership Breakfast (#2.11)" (2001)
Josh Lyman: Donna?
Donna Moss: What was in the envelope?
Josh Lyman: Your underwear.
Donna Moss: What?
Josh Lyman: I'm holding your underwear in my hand right now. And the way I know it's your underwear is that your name is sewn in the back which, obviously, we'll spend some time talking about at a later date.

Donna Moss: You're not using lighter fluid or anything, are you?
Josh Lyman: No, no flammable liquids of any kind to start a fire, ever.
Sam Seaborn: Found it.
Josh Lyman: What?
Sam Seaborn: Kerosene.
Donna Moss: Josh...
Josh Lyman: Go.

Josh Lyman: Could you possibly get us some dried leaves?
Donna Moss: Yeah, I'll just run out to the forest and be right back.
Donna Moss: [Donna leaves room]
Sam Seaborn: You know what?
Josh Lyman: You think she was being sarcastic?
Sam Seaborn: Yeah. I don't think she's getting the leaves.
Josh Lyman: You know what we could use?
Sam Seaborn: Newspaper.
Josh Lyman: See, this is what I'm talking about. This is teamwork.
Sam Seaborn: It really is.

Donna Moss: Josh, this was delivered by messenger.
Josh Lyman: What is it?
Donna Moss: It's... wait, wait. No, damn, my x-ray vision is failing me today.
Josh Lyman: Gimme that!
Our Anniversary Quotes For Him For Husband For Boyfriend For Parents Form Wife To Husband For Wife For Girlfriend Tumblr For Mom And Dad
Our Anniversary Quotes For Him For Husband For Boyfriend For Parents Form Wife To Husband For Wife For Girlfriend Tumblr For Mom And Dad
Our Anniversary Quotes For Him For Husband For Boyfriend For Parents Form Wife To Husband For Wife For Girlfriend Tumblr For Mom And Dad
Our Anniversary Quotes For Him For Husband For Boyfriend For Parents Form Wife To Husband For Wife For Girlfriend Tumblr For Mom And Dad
Our Anniversary Quotes For Him For Husband For Boyfriend For Parents Form Wife To Husband For Wife For Girlfriend Tumblr For Mom And Dad
Our Anniversary Quotes For Him For Husband For Boyfriend For Parents Form Wife To Husband For Wife For Girlfriend Tumblr For Mom And Dad
Our Anniversary Quotes For Him For Husband For Boyfriend For Parents Form Wife To Husband For Wife For Girlfriend Tumblr For Mom And Dad
Our Anniversary Quotes For Him For Husband For Boyfriend For Parents Form Wife To Husband For Wife For Girlfriend Tumblr For Mom And Dad
Our Anniversary Quotes For Him For Husband For Boyfriend For Parents Form Wife To Husband For Wife For Girlfriend Tumblr For Mom And Dad
Our Anniversary Quotes For Him For Husband For Boyfriend For Parents Form Wife To Husband For Wife For Girlfriend Tumblr For Mom And Dad
Our Anniversary Quotes For Him For Husband For Boyfriend For Parents Form Wife To Husband For Wife For Girlfriend Tumblr For Mom And Dad
Our Anniversary Quotes For Him For Husband For Boyfriend For Parents Form Wife To Husband For Wife For Girlfriend Tumblr For Mom And Dad
Our Anniversary Quotes For Him For Husband For Boyfriend For Parents Form Wife To Husband For Wife For Girlfriend Tumblr For Mom And Dad
Our Anniversary Quotes For Him For Husband For Boyfriend For Parents Form Wife To Husband For Wife For Girlfriend Tumblr For Mom And Dad
Our Anniversary Quotes For Him For Husband For Boyfriend For Parents Form Wife To Husband For Wife For Girlfriend Tumblr For Mom And Dad
Our Anniversary Quotes For Him For Husband For Boyfriend For Parents Form Wife To Husband For Wife For Girlfriend Tumblr For Mom And Dad
Our Anniversary Quotes For Him For Husband For Boyfriend For Parents Form Wife To Husband For Wife For Girlfriend Tumblr For Mom And Dad

No comments:

Post a Comment